Apple. Twitter. Box. These are just a few of the global partners working with IBM Global Business Services (GBS); enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences via Cognitive data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. IBM GBS is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants who help clients envision their future as cognitive enterprises, all supported by the industry’s most sophisticated talent model. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
This is your opportunity to join a company where you can make the world work better – we are IBMers, and that’s what we do.
What You Will Be Doing
As an Information Designer, you will conceptually imagine the future for clients in different industries. You must be able to work comfortably with people from different creative and technical disciplines. You will use words, symbols and images to create a visual representation of ideas and messages in the proposal of print, multimedia and web content. You will work with a team of designers utilizing your knowledge of grids, typography, graphic design, color, layout, iconography, imagery, and design patterns and systems to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects. You'll apply IBM Design Thinking and methods to uncover user and brand requirements in the context of the cluttered landscape. It is expected that you will work with senior team members to establish priority, fidelity and delivery of tasks. Specifically, you will:
- Create ideas, communications, and interfaces in support of client value propositions and proposals
- Maintain style guides, UI toolkits and other design documents that provoke a reaction from the intended audience and user bases
- Speak and present to stakeholders and clients on design strategy
- Produce deliverables from printed collateral to online and multimedia
- Work with other designers across projects and provide guidance, coaching, and knowledge sharing across teams
In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients. As such, travel to client sites is required, up to 95%. Preferred candidates will reside within a 50 mile radius of a major airport. Initial opportunity located in Dallas, TX.
Who You Will Be Working With
Global Business Services (GBS) Deal Squads consist of
teams of multi-disciplinary experts to help close large, complex deals
within the Industrial, Financial Services, Communications, or Distribution Sectors. You will work in a team that is responsible for progression, conversion, and closure of large deals within a Sector/industry. The Designer will be part of a cross-functional team that will typically include a Deal Coach, Financial Deal Maker, Senior Solution Manager, Writers, and Designers. You will be part of a team focused on 15-20 pursuits and 4-6 short fuse deals per year. Your team will be focused on a particular industry such as Automotive, Banking, Telecommunications, Retail, or Manufacturing.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. Learn more…
IBM Global Business Services is a leader in global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment--you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you’ve always imagined.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
- At least 4 years experience in Adobe Creative Suite with considerable experience developing InDesign templates and producing long format presentations
- At least 4 years experience supervising print jobs and creating multimedia
- At least 4 years experience in design thinking frameworks
- At least 4 years experience in color theory, typography, and iconography
- At least 4 years experience working with client teams in pursuit of winning a deal
- At least 4 years experience in graphic design in pursuit of winning a deal
- At least 4 years experience creating deal strategies and translating that strategy into written proposals
- At least 4 years experience in marketing strategy and conceptualization
- At least 4 years experience in deadline driven environments
- At least 3 years experience in Microsoft PowerPoint or Apple Keynote
Group ID: GBS
Country: United States
Job Family: Not Applicable